HPCC software and programming languages
Wharton’s HPCC environment offers a suite of research software and programming environments:
- GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and Intel Compilers: includes front end and compilers for programming such languages as C, C++ and Java.
- Julia: a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language for technical computing, with syntax that is familiar to users of other technical computing environments.
- Matlab: a high‐level language and interactive environment that performs computationally intensive tasks and data visualization.
- Mathematica: a symbolic and numerical mathematics system.
- MySQL: a popular open source database software.
- Programming : both perl and python are available.
- R: a highly extensible and open source language and environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- SAS: a widely used statistical and data analysis system.
- Stata: an integrated statistical package for data analysis, data management, and graphic capabilities.
- Stat/Transfer: converts data formats to and from common statistical, spreadsheet, and database programs.