Getting an Account
To obtain access to the Wharton HPC environment, you must meet all of the following requirements. You:
- Are Wharton faculty, a faculty research assistant or co-author, or Wharton doctoral candidate
- Have a University of Pennsylvania PennKey account
- Have a Wharton domain account
If you need either a PennKey account or a Wharton domain account (or both), please contact your Wharton Academic Distributed Representative for assistance with account setup.
If you meet our HPC account requirements, please think about your requirements. If you’re not sure of some of the details it’s not a problem, just let us know you’re not sure and we’ll get you started.
- How much disk space will you need (100GB default)? More information: Storage
- What programs do you want to run? (software not listed may be installed — let us know what you need)
- Are you anticipating unusually high RAM usage (> 30GB per job)? If so, what do you need and why?
- How long will your project last (ongoing is fine!)?
Once you have thought about these items, submit an HPC Account Application Form
It may take up to 72 hours (generally less than 1 business day) to process your account request, after which you will receive an email with further information, and you will be added to the email@example.com Wharton Mailing List.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your Academic Distributed Representative.
The rest of the information provided in the Access and Job Management guides should help you get started working in Wharton’s HPC environment.